We’ve been playing the new game from Studio Tomahawk (the people behind SAGA) – Congo – and thought you might like to see some of the points we’ve picked up on in our handy ‘Need to know Guide’ below.
YOUR CONGO ‘NEED TO KNOW’ GUIDE
- D6, D8 (yes D8!) and D10 dice are required.
- It’s token heavy, with all the tokens coming with the book along with a deck of cards.
- Historical accuracy plays second fiddle to Hollywood history and stereotyping.
- A force (called a column in the game) is made up of between 20 – 40 figures.
- Figures are individually based.
- Any scale can be used, although 28mm is assumed throughout.
- There are five different ‘cultures’ to choose from for your column.
- Columns are made up of groups and characters.
- Example groups include; Hunters, Askaris, soldiers etc.
- Example Characters include; The Scientist, The Brute, The witchdoctor etc.