Here at Wargames Illustrated we are looking for a Project Manager to join our team.
In order to produce both printed articles and online videos, wargaming projects must be conceived, developed and delivered. It will be the Project Managers job to liaise with manufacturers, designers and gamers as well as our in-house team members in order to bring wargaming projects to fruition. We are looking for someone with a passion for our hobby and a ‘completer finisher’ who can hand over magazine or website-ready material.
An element of journalism is involved in the role, with the Project Manager often being required to be away from his/her desk in pursuit of all material required to see the project through to completion.
Potentially this is a full-time, 35 hours a week job, but we are open to discussing a range of options including flexible hours and out-of-office working.
What follows is a list of prerequisites for the role –
- The ability to see all projects through from conception to completion, using a combination of initiative, planning, charm and hard work.
- To work from our head office in Nottingham for a minimum of two days a week (preferably more).
- A passion for and knowledge of the historical wargaming hobby, plus an appreciation of the fantasy/sci-fi side of the hobby.
- A good knowledge of military history.
- The ability to direct other members of the team, and work with and direct volunteers/contributors.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A willingness to go wherever the job takes you, so having your own vehicle is a distinct advantage.
- The ability to write and communicate to a high standard of English.
- A willingness to occasionally work at weekends.
The assets are not essential but would be a bonus –
- Photographic skills and knowledge.
- Graphic Design knowledge.
- The ability to write prose, reports and narrative.
- Competency in the use of Social Media applications e.g. Facebook, WhatsApp.
- A knowledge of the use of video within our hobby.
If you tick all of the above boxes and would like to be considered for the role of Wargames Illustrated Project Manager please email us at the address below.
The subject of your email should be: Project Manager Application, and in your email you should explain why you are applying for the role and include details of your relevant experience. You will be sent confirmation that your application has been received with 24 (office) hours.
Applications close on Friday 20th March. After which all applications will be reviewed and you will be contacted again with a round of questions or an explanation of why your application will not be taken any further.
email: [email protected]
Please do not phone or send a message via the website or Facebook