The latest issue of Wargames Illustrated magazine includes two sheets of Jacobite and Government (circa 1745) ‘Paper Soldiers’, created by artist Peter Dennis. You can download more for free here.
For a simple set of rules for using the figures on the table see WI332, June issue.
You can download your free Paper Soldiers here.
Making Them Up
- Cut the copied sheet into ‘stand’ strips.
- Score lightly along fold lines and fold like the illustration below.
- Glue the soldier uprights but not the green base areas. A good layer of plastic glue like UHU stiffens the ranks!
- Cut around the outside shape of each ‘block’ of troops from the front. Use sharp pointy embroidery scissors – good scissors are critical!
- Turn the ‘stand’ upside down and glue the base card to the bottom, then fold the front and back excess under the base to give a neat finish. Trim the edges and the stand is ready.